Advertising and privacy
Foreign retailers selling and advertising their products to Finnish consumers are required to take into consideration Finnish advertising and consumer protection regulations as well as privacy requirements.
Please feel free to drop us an email or to give us a call if you wish us to have a look at your advertisement or if you are wondering about something else related to advertising or privacy in Finland. Previously we have, among other things:
- Performed a significant number of legal reviews of advertisements, websites and point of sales materials in Finland.
- Advised in and prepared the terms & conditions for a number of international online promotions covering European countries and Russia.
- Assisted companies with the preparation of appropriate privacy policies.
- Advised a company in the healthcare sector on cross-border transfer of personal data between group companies.
- Represented a company in the Market Court resulting in the court reversing Valvira’s decision to stop marketing of a product claimed to be in breach of the Finnish Alcohol Act.
- Advised on certification and product safety issues in the European Union and Finland.
- Assisted international companies with the organization of various promotions in Finland and the other Nordic countries.
- Advised and represented a global manufacturer and distributor of household appliances in a disagreement concerning comparative advertising.
- Advised an advertising agency in arranging a number of international promotions in Russia, including submission of personal data notifications.
Tel. +358 40 741 6808
Tel. +358 40 053 8022
Tel. +358 40 700 5733