It is an unfortunate fact that all disagreements cannot be resolved in an amicable manner or without involving outside counsel.
Our attorneys continuously represent clients in Finnish district courts, appellate courts and courts of special jurisdiction. In addition to state courts, we are experienced in arbitration proceedings and have tried cases under the arbitration rules of the Arbitration Institute of the Finland Chamber of Commerce, the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce, the International Chamber of Commerce and the Russian Arbitration Association. In addition, we have tried cases in Russian commercial state courts and courts of appeal.
Thus, in case you need assistance with resolving a disagreement subject to Finnish jurisdiction or related to a contract governed by Finnish law, we are ready to help.Previously we have, for example:
- Represented a company in arbitration proceedings in Stockholm. As a result, our client’s demands were accepted in full and our client’s legal expenses ordered by the tribunal to be compensated in full by the adversary.
- Advised and assisted a client in a dispute concerning the acquisition of a Finnish business.
- Advised a client in a dispute concerning an international delivery of a mining plant, where a sub-contractor attempted to amend the payment terms of the delivery.
- Advised a Finnish IT-company in an IPR-dispute. As a result of our actions, the defendant removed copyright-infringing material from their website.
- Represented a client in an international IPR-dispute. The dispute was settled resulting compensation being paid to our client for use of our client’s copyrighted work.
- Advised and represented a Finnish corporation in a trade name dispute with a Russian competitor. The parties eventually settled as the Russian party agreed to change its trade name.
- Represented the buyer in a dispute regarding a defect in the acquired real estate.
Tel. +358-40-741 6808