Registration and administration of Finnish subsidiaries and branches may be cumbersome for foreign corporations lacking expertise in Finnish corporate law.
Our firm has assisted numerous foreign corporations with the establishment of Finnish limited liability companies as well as with the creation of Finnish branches and representative offices. In addition to the initial phase, we advise our clients in corporate governance and compliance matters during the company’s or branch’s life cycle to ensure that the client stays in compliance with local laws and regulations. Further, once the Finnish subsidiary or branch is no longer needed, we may assist with the liquidation or termination of the subsidiary or branch.
Do contact us in case you wish to expand your business to Finland or if you have any other questions concerning your Finnish subsidiary or branch. Previously we have, among other things:
- Assisted several foreign corporations, both EU- and non-EU, in setting up a subsidiary in Finland.
- Assisted several foreign corporations with the registration and establishment of a limited liability company in Finland.
- Advised and assisted foreign entrepreneurs in starting a business in Finland.
- Assisted several foreign corporations, both EU and non-EU, in establishing a branch in Finland.
- Assisted a US buyer with the purchase of an accommodation business in Finland.
- Advised several foreign corporations with the preparation of shareholders agreements for Finnish limited liability companies.
- Advised the seller in the sale of shares in a media company.
- Advised the purchaser in an acquisition of an online media business and its employees.
- Advised a foreign buyer with the acquisition of a Finnish restaurant business.
- Advised a Finnish company in connection with the acceptance of a foreign investor to the company, including preparation of a shareholder agreement, emission of shares and tax planning.
- Advised the parties of a Finnish-Swedish joint venture in corporate and tax issues, including establishment of the joint venture and the review of the shareholders agreement.
- Assisted a foreign-owned company with the preparation of a business plan and an application for financing to Finnvera.